As part of the UK government’s Plan for Jobs, employers can receive funding to create new six-month job placements for young people.
The scheme is aimed at 16 to 24-year olds currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment who will be able to access a six-month paid placement for a minimum 25 hours a week.
WardWilliams Creative are looking to offer the below Kickstart Scheme placement:
Job Title: Trainee Bookkeeper
• Regular bookkeeping in Xero on relevant clients.
• Xero certification up keep and training.
• Prioritises jobs to ensure deadlines are managed.
• Reporting to Head of bookkeeping or operations.
• Bank reconciliations.
• VAT returns.
• Chasing clients for missing or outstanding information in a timely manner.
• Updating relevant manager if any issues arise.
• Checking to see if clients have added information to Receipt bank or drop box on regular intervals.
• Regular review and update of the creatives master sheet.
• Drafting LOE (Letter of Engagement) for relevant manager.
• Requesting agent status on all jobs were relevant: CT, VAT and PAYE services.
• Chasing agent authorisation codes issued to clients.
• Managing change of address process when clients move.
• Request and chase clients for books and records for VAT returns, YE accounts preps.
• To record the receipt and return of client records and liaising with managers as required.
• Sending out final accounts and portal signing instructions to clients when requested by manager.
• The submission of accounts to companies House.
• Accounts tagging for CT600 and R&D claims.
• Filing the corporation tax returns by email/using IXBRL (when implemented), Companies House electronic filing (when CCH software in place).
• Adhoc duties as required.
This person must be proactive and organised. There are lots of clients to juggle so having a methodical mind is important.
We offer training on all aspects the of the work we expect to be completed.
The candidate will get on the job training on using Xero, admin tasks, working within a team, effective communication and working to deadlines.
A mentor will be appointed to help the candidate develop and act as support for them.
They will receive Xero certification and training in Xero.
We have a very supportive team and the main aim is that we train this person up to remain in our team as we grow. We will try hard to integrate them into the team and offer training and support at every opportunity.
For further information on this role and how to apply contact [email protected]